Saturday, March 31, 2012

Inkheart, Author: Cornelia Fuke


Inkheart   
Author: Cornelia Fuke
RL 5.4, AR pts 23
Guest Blogger: Chloe, 10 years old

On a cruel night, Meggie’s father, Mo, read aloud from a book named Inkheart and read an evil ruler named Capricorn out of the book into his living room. Suddenly Meggie’s in an adventure that she thought only happened in fairy tales. They go to Meggie’s aunt’s house so Mo can fix some of her books and Capricorn’s men arrived and took Mo with them. And then that’s where the whole adventure started.

Inkheart took me 2 months to finish.  I wanted to quit, but Mrs. Woodyard wouldn’t let me.  Finishing it was worth it.

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, I would say this book is a 9 because it has big words that I did not know. I think my classmates should read this book.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice summary of the book, Chloe! I am so happy that you stuck with it and finished the book. I remember one time I was reading a book in high school that was over 600 pages long. It was the longest book I had ever started reading. I never thought I was going to finish it. It felt so good to have read it all. I still am proud of myself for reading that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with the first book, Inkheart, at the age of 12. This book weaves magic, cunning, mystery, love, and great storytelling together and is a great read for tweens and teens alike. Don't be discouraged by the weight and size of this book, although it's large its very easy to get through. Once you read Inkheart, you will be compelled to read its sequels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends can't help not to fall in love with this book. It has a lot of adventure, We just can't resist.

    ReplyDelete